Sunday, December 9, 2007

Don’t hate me because I am Beautiful!

Today I arrived at work happy in my little cocoon of denial that there was one week left until the year end holiday.

Only to have my bubble burst, it is actually two weeks!
The Horror, The Horror!

What in the name of Harold is going to get me through these next two weeks?
I will have to rely on the company of my online friends and of course the occasional offline contacts derived from that.

Now I am feeling slightly better, but still the life force is leaving my body with the acceleration of a weekend coming to a close. “Why????” I cry into the wilderness. Am I condemned to start nearly every Monday chained to chair for 9 hours with and hour and a half traveling through the upper levels of hell to get to and from said throne!

“Why???” It is the opening scene of a B grade horror movie, everyone looks gaunt and grey. The lights seems to make the room darker. Everyone moves with caution, don’t make any sudden movements otherwise you will be spotted and cornered. They will remove your soul using documentation and feast on your individualism in a workshop.

The Horror, The Horror!

Man was not meant to spend time inside, hunched at the alter of Bill Gates watching himself age rapidly in the refection of his state of the art monitor.

I am too pretty for this prison! My veins run rich with eons of genetic modifications crying for release. I am the son of Scottish Kings and Viking Raiders, my soul is shackled by this unnatural condition! I have been fed by the Land of my Birth, I have drank from Her ever warm Sun, My Bones have been strengthened by Her rich soil. But now I am confined to this artificial existence, forced to watch the Mother I love through tinted windows, only allowed contact on special occasions (weekends).

I am reminded of a scene from “Train Spotting”

“What is this Shyte?”
“It’s the great fooking outdoors man!”
“Well, it’s no natural!”

Find me a patch of earth to be at peace, You must not hate me because I am Beautiful.

1 comment:

KulKat said...

Stand firm mere mortal. The promised land of our fore-fathers is a mere miles away!
Ahoy!